Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 888-689-5016
Phone: 717-737-7574
Norfleet Law Offices, LLC
Call Us 717-737-7574
Toll Free 888-689-5016

I have an upcoming workers compensation settlement, Can I collect unemployment after settlement?

Usually, as part of a workers’ compensation settlement, the employer will want a resignation as part of the deal. Your attorney will have to bargain for favorable language if you wish to seek UC benefits. 

You should discuss the case Lee v. Unemployment Compensation Board of Review with your attorney. In this case, the injured worker gave both a resignation and a release as part of her workers’ compensation settlement. Following the approval of the settlement, the Claimant filed for unemployment compensation benefits. 

Benefits were initially granted but The Unemployment Compensation Board of Review reversed, finding the injured worker not eligible for unemployment compensation benefits. Upon further appeal, this was affirmed by the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania. If your resignation   is "voluntary" you may not be eligible for UC benefits.


Free Workers' Compensation Case Evaluation

If you or a loved one have questions regarding your eligibility for workers' compensation benefits – contact Norfleet Law Officesto speak with our Pennsylvania workers’ compensation lawyers today.  Our Central Pennsylvania workers compensation attorneys in Harrisburg, York and Lemoyne will answer all of your questions and lead you through the complex workers’ compensation process.  Call (717) 737-7574 or fill out our case evaluation form.

Live Chat